The terms of our Guest Agreement are intended to help you enjoy a safe, reliable, and convenient stay. The Guest Agreement sets out the terms of your booking with us. Please carefully read the agreement before signing. The Kaanapali Royal Rental Agreement Addendum- House Rules- Disclosures are for your awareness of The Property Rules. Thank you for choosing Ka’anapali Royal J303, and we look forward to accommodating you!
Owner, who will perform the Services related to your reservation. By using the Home, you agree to comply with and be legally bound by the terms and conditions of this guest agreement (the "Agreement").
1. Policies: Please treat our home with the care you would at your own home and abide by the following policies:
Behave as you would in any home in which you live, with respect for property and neighbors. You must be over the age of 25. You will be an occupant of the unit during the entire reserved period and other occupants of the home during your stay will be family members, friends, responsible adults or children under direct adult supervision. Do not exceed the maximum occupancy of the Home: (7) Persons. No parties, noise that can be heard beyond the Home’s adjacent units or any illegal activity may occur at the Home. No pets are allowed. No smoking is allowed in or around any part of the complex. Check-in time is 3 pm and check-out time is 10 am - we will notify you via email in advance if early check-in or late check-out will be available. Please use common courtesy at the Home by keeping it clean, reporting any problems or damages, washing dishes as used, taking garbage to the outside bins, leaving towels in the bathrooms and sheets in the bedrooms, and not re-arranging furniture.
2. Cleaning: Our home will be cleaned and inspected by third-party cleaning contractors after your departure. We ask you to help us enable the cleaning crews as much as possible. They will appreciate simple things like leaving the Home tidy, running the dishwasher, and taking out the trash.
3. Pool, Recreational Equipment: The Home includes a resort pool and hot tub; these can all be obviously dangerous. Guests should observe and adhere to all rules and policies as posted in the pool area and supervise all children at all times. Lifeguards are not provided. Decks and patios can be slippery when wet and can result in injury to anyone who is not careful. Guest accepts and assumes all risks involved in or related to the use of a pool, hot tub, deck areas. Guest accepts and assumes all risks involved in or related to any of the following recreational equipment of any kind, including but not limited to a beach or pool equipment, or other floating devices, games or sports equipment.
4. Home Damage Waiver: Home Damage Waiver: Each Guest will be offered an optional Damage Waiver that protects you against unintended damage done to the Property. This is not insurance, and the Damage Waiver does not apply to intentional damage done by the Guest or your guests, or excessive wear and tear due to parties, smoking, pets or otherwise, or additional cleaning charges due to stains or spills, or fines incurred by the police or HOA due to noise, excessive trash or parking, or damage over the purchased amounts of either $3,000 or $5,000. If you would like to opt-out of purchasing the Damage Waiver for your stay, you can do this by providing us with a security deposit of $1,500., at the time of booking. Guest acknowledges that any damage or fines not covered by the Damage Waiver or above the amount of any security deposit can be charged to Guest (and Guest’s card on file). Please contact the Owner directly at (808) 654-7808 if you do not wish to purchase the Damage Waiver and would rather provide a security deposit.
5. Excessive Wear and Tear, Noise and Occupancy: If excessive wear and tear are found for the Home, or additional cleaning is necessary due to spills, trash left on site, stains to furniture, carpeting, linens, paint, or flooring, Guest authorizes Owner to charge Guest for additional fees. The tenant will be provided with a receipt for any additional fees incurred upon request or as required by local laws or regulations. If at any time the maximum number of the Home’s occupants is exceeded or if we receive information about excessive noise, Owner has the right to evict Guest and all occupants immediately and to charge Guest a minimum service fee of $250 with no refund for the balance of the remaining reservation. If any sign of smoking is discovered Guest authorizes the Owner to charge Guest an additional minimum $500 cleaning fee, if any sign of a pet is discovered, then Guest authorizes the Owner to charge Guest an additional minimum $500 cleaning fee. The owner will return any balance of a security deposit to Guest, less any charges or amounts owed by Guest, within fourteen (14) days after the end of the reservation. Any charges owed by Guest may be charged by the Owner to Guest’s card on file in addition to seeking any relief provided by law.
6. Maintenance and Access: Owner, Resident Manager, and owner’s services maintenance have the right to enter the Home at any time during guest stay and we will diligently attempt to address maintenance issues as they occur. This is an associated risk of renting a single-family condo. If a maintenance issue occurs that cannot be fixed in a reasonable amount of time or if the Home is unavailable for any reason as determined in our discretion, and significantly affects your stay; we reserve the right to refund at our discretion and help to relocate you to another condo.
7. Phone and Internet: Our homes are equipped with a high-speed Wi-Fi connection and we will provide you with any required Wi-Fi passwords. We do not provide landline phones and suggest that you please use your mobile phone or Wi-Fi enabled phone for calls.
8. Furnished Rental and Supplies: Owner home is a fully furnished property that will include bedspreads, linens, blankets, pillows, towels, a fully equipped kitchen, TV, furnishings unless otherwise specified. A limited starter supply of paper products, bath, and dish soap are provided, but will not be replaced if consumed during your stay so we recommend bringing additional personal items with you. Staples (salt, pepper, foils, wraps, etc) are generally stocked by the Owner of the Home; however, we cannot commit these supplies being present. Guest is responsible for replacing stocked items as they are consumed. If there is a special type of item you are accustomed to using please provide for those items by bringing them with you.
9. Weather and Other Unforeseen Events: Owner does not accept liability for any inconveniences arising from any temporary defects or stoppage in supply of water, gas, electricity or plumbing, damage caused by weather/road conditions, natural disasters, acts of God or other reasons beyond its control. No refunds will be given for any delays or cancellations due to such conditions. Travel Insurance is highly recommended for any stay.
10. Homeowners Association: Owner cannot warrant the usability or condition of amenities provided through homeowner associations, including, but not limited to pools, hot tubs, tennis courts, and picnic & beach facilities.
11. Indemnity: Neither Owner nor service maintenance assumes any liability for loss, theft, damage or injury to Guest, his/her guests or other occupants in the Home. The Guest, for himself/herself, his/her heirs, assignors, executors and administrators, fully releases and discharges Owner and service maintenance from any and all claims, demands and causes of action by reason of any injury or whatever nature which has or have occurred, or may occur to the Guest, his/her guests or other occupants of the home as a result of, or in connection with the occupancy of the Home and agrees to hold Owner and service maintenance-free and harmless of any claim or suit arising therefrom. In any action concerning the rights, duties or liabilities of the parties to this Agreement, or their principals, agents, successors or assignees the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney fees and costs.
12. Sale Contingency or Unavailability: In the rare event the Home that you have reserved is for sale, is sold or is otherwise unavailable for any reason as determined by Owner, then Owner, in Owner’s discretion, reserves the right cancel and refund Guest’s reservation.
13. Payment and Cancellations: We accept all major credit cards. For reservations made more than 45 days in advance, we charge a deposit of 25% of the total reservation upon booking, with full payment due 45 days prior to check-in. For all reservations made within 45 days of check-in, we collect payment in full at the time of booking. Reservations that are canceled 60 days prior to arrival would forfeit the 25% deposit or forfeit the total amount paid. All reservations who cancel at least 60 days before check-in will get back 100% of the amount they've paid. After this cancellation period expires, all guest payments are non-refundable.
14. Parking Facility Fee / Car Registration: Parking is allowed only in designated parking areas upon payment of Facility Registration fee $20- per night with a 7-night maximum ($140 maximum per stay includes one parking). If available an additional $140 for a 2nd car; 2 car maximum. Registration fee payable to “Ka’anapali Royal” via credit card. Please register your vehicle with the office and pay the Facility fee at the time of check-in (parking form included in check-in pkg). Only one (1) unassigned parking space is allotted to each unit. Second vehicles are allowed on a space available. The renter is responsible for the payment of any parking citations ($50.00 per violation). Cars NOT bearing handicap plates, parked in handicap stalls, shall be ticketed and/or towed at the renter’s expense
15. Identification and Compliance: All guests are subject to our identification and risk screening process, which may require the Guest to provide personal, credit card and other information as determined by Owner prior to staying in the Home. We may cancel a reservation at any time if Guest fails to complete our Guest identification and risk screening process as determined in our discretion. The owner does not prefer, limit or discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.
16. Arbitration: In the event a dispute arises, the parties agree that binding arbitration in San Diego County California, shall be the sole remedy for any and all controversy or claim arising out of the rental relationship or this agreement and expressly waive their right to file a lawsuit against one another in any civil court for such disputes, except to enforce a legally binding arbitration decision.
By signing below, or marking the box "I accept the rental conditions" you agree that you have reviewed and agreed to the terms above.
2-Maui: Rental Agreement Addendum- House Rules- Disclosures
J303 Ka’anapali Royal, Maui 4-18
Property Rules and Regulations:
(1) Renter(s) shall assume all risks associated with the location of the condo. Ka’anapali Royal is adjacent to a golf course not operated by Ka’anapali Royal, including but not limited to the risk of property damage or personal injury arising from stray golf balls or actions incidental to resort-related activities (including without limitation use of common areas, tournaments, luaus, and concerts), and shall indemnify and hold harmless owners and association from any liability, claims or expenses arising from property damage or any personal injury.
(2) Renter(s) shall not interfere or unreasonably disturb the rights of other owners and occupants, obstruct any balcony, stairway or corridor of any building, or increase the risk of fire to the unit or buildings. The use of charcoal barbeques on any lanai is prohibited. Gas grills located by the pool have been provided for use for all renters over the age of fourteen (14) years old. Renter(s) shall be responsible for fines incurred and/or expenses for any complaints or damages caused within the rental unit and/or common areas of association property.
(3) No surfboards, windsurfing equipment, boxes, clothing, towels, bathing suits, laundry, exercise equipment or other items shall be placed or hung on lanais in any manner visible from the common areas. The washing of the lanais by water which is allowed to free-fall on units below is not permitted. Feeding of birds on lanais is prohibited. Also, fines are assessed if caught feeding the cats.
(4) POOL RULES: NO GLASS CONTAINERS! The swimming pool, spa, and surrounding areas are for the exclusive use of residents and guests during the hours of 8:30 am to 10:00 pm. (Hours subject to change.) Renters shall use the swimming pool at their own risk as there is NO lifeguard. Children under the age of twelve (12) years old will not be allowed in the pool area unless accompanied by an adult responsible for
such a child. Children under the age of ten (10) years old are not allowed in the spa unless accompanied by an adult. Persons using the pool may use swim and play aids such as flotation belts but these items must be removed from the pool when the user leaves the water and safely stowed away so as not to be a hazard to persons walking on the deck or entering the pool. No scuba equipment is allowed in the pool except face masks, goggles, snorkels or breathing tubes. Inflatables such as air mats and tubes are allowed in the pool as long as they are not disturbing other guests. Golf balls occasionally enter the pool area; enter at your own risk.
(5) Tennis/Basketball Court Rules: Hours are from 8:30 am to 9:00 pm. Proper tennis shoes and clothing must be worn. All players must wear shirts. Players must register at the office before playing. The key must be returned to the office upon completion of the play. Courts may be reserved at the front desk up to 24 hours in advance. No food or beverages are allowed on the courts (beverages in non-glass containers may be consumed in the shaded area between the courts.) Golf balls occasionally enter this area. Play at your own risk.
(6) Golf Course: The Golf Course is NOT our property, crossing it is hazardous and forbidden by its owners and operators.
(7) Cleaning/Security Deposit: Deposit shall be returned, less any expenses for damages, fines or excessive cleaning fees, within 30 days of departure. The rental fee paid includes cleaning after check out. Additional housekeeping services may be arranged at an additional cost – call Owner for details.
(8) Occupancy: No other persons shall occupy the unit overnight other than those adults and minors listed on the rental confirmation. Renter shall bear liability for any actions of guests resulting in eviction, fines, police action or litigation.
(9) Please only flush waste and toilet paper. Two flushes are a good idea due to the low water flow toilets. Please do not put rice, pineapple, etc. down the kitchen sink to avoid back-ups.
(10) Smoking: State Law prohibits Smoking in all areas open to the public. Our condo and Ka’anapali Royal is Non-Smoking.
Maui has a rural Hawaiian atmosphere that may include the occasional rooster and feral cats.
Please do not kill any geckos they are friendly and considered good luck in Hawaii,
Although the owners hire professional pest control services pest (ants, roaches & rodents) can’t be completely controlled in the tropics.
Finally, the online pictures best represent the property interiors although they are not entirely accurate as the owner is always upgrading and improving.
**Owner is not responsible or liable for any issues relating to but not limited to pests, health, and security or lost and stolen items that may occur during or after your stay.**
1. Please do not feed any animals, especially the feral cats that roam our property. There are fines for owners and guests caught feeding the cats.